Monday, 17 May 2010


Today I was experimenting with the layout of the information that will be around the room, poorly attempted with InDesign! :

I wanted to shape the text to imitate something mentioned in the text. The first piece of text uses the example of two open windows so I tried to demonstrate the image of the two windows using two blocks of text. I quite like the simplicity of the top image in comparison to the other two which are quite busy and already hard to read as they are reversed. The second image tries to demonstrate the idea of a link between two particles, using some of the words to make up the link. It reminds me a lot of Alan Kitching's 'Thames' with the words following the words of the river:

I like the concept, but I think it's quite shoddily executed (lack of InDesign skill!) In the final experiment I used some images to visualise the idea of parallel universes. It doesn't look so bad when it's scanned in and scaled down, but I felt in real life it actually looked quite crass!

The information is research I have gathered and put into my own words to make it easier to understand. I felt that it would be much more appropriate to have the information told simply rather than regurgitated from a text book.

This is the template I am using for experimenting with screen printing tomorrow. It's got a bit of everything in it; the poster, the information text and the notice so I'll just have to see how that goes. (Fingers crossed)

No comments:

Post a Comment