Thursday 6 May 2010

Letterpress Results


Here are some photos of the printed results of letterpress:

I was quite happy with the results and especially liked the quote printed onto the tracing paper, I think it looks really effective, quite clean and scientific, and would like to use it somewhere in the final piece. The brown paper didn't do it any favours though; I think because the font is so thin and takes up such little ink on the page, the brown almost swallows it up a little bit. However, I like the effect of the print on the brown paper for the "Be Back 5 Minutes Ago." but think it looks better just on the white background. The print on the tracing paper for that one didn't come out so well, it was much more successful with the quote.

After a quick chat with Noel, my head has been sorted and I have a long list of things to be getting on with:
  1. GO OUT AND BUY A DESK AND START EXPERIMENTING!
  2. Go and speak to Neil in 3D and get some help with how I'm going to construct the walls of the office.
  3. Write a list of every single thing that is going into the installation.
  4. Make a hierarchy of this list, from the most important/visible to the least important/visible.
  5. From this, decide what format I want each piece of information to be i.e. poster, letter...
  6. Gather all the text that I want to be used in the installation.

I've decided that I would quite like to make the phrase "Be back 5 minutes ago." into a poster, making it the first thing that the audience see. I have also decided that I don't want there to be two rooms anymore. Seeing as I am using a mirror, a mirror effectively does what I wanted the additional room to do: render the information and the audience in 2 places at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment